Gilda Bonanno to Speak at TEDxWestport on November 8

I’m pleased to share that I’ll be speaking at TEDxWestport on Sunday, November 8, 2026, at Westport Town Hall.

Gilda Bonanno speaking on stage

My talk, “The First 30 Seconds: Creating Connection with Someone New,” explores something most of us experience regularly: meeting someone new and wondering what to say, how to make a good impression, or how to keep the conversation going.


That inward focus can make an already uncomfortable moment even harder.


In the talk, I’ll explore how small shifts in attention, curiosity, listening, and nonverbal communication can help us move beyond trying to seem interesting or impressive and instead make genuine connection easier from the very beginning.


The topic brings together several themes that have been part of my work for many years—from leadership communication and executive presence to networking, improv, and human connection in both professional and personal settings.


TEDxWestport

Sunday, November 8, 2026

4:00–7:30 PM

Westport Town Hall Auditorium

Westport, Connecticut


If you’d like to attend, visit TEDxWESTPORT.com and use speaker code SPEAKER30 for 30% off.


The talk will also be recorded and posted on the official TEDx YouTube channel. I’ll share the video once it becomes available.