Seth Godin's Coaching Paradox

Seth Godin recently blogged about the reluctance of business executives to work with coaches, unlike peak performers in music and sports who all have coaches. 

He calls this the "coaching paradox" - "The paradox is that the very things that hold us back are the reasons we need a coach in the first place."

I wrote about this in 2016, in the context of watching the 2016 Rio Olympics and observing the fact that top Olympic athletes have coaches.  Here is an excerpt from my post:

"Somehow, that “elite performers have coaches” mindset hasn’t translated completely to business, where many people still view coaching as remedial instead of a means to achieve the next level of performance excellence.  In fact, some of my executive presentation skills coaching clients want to meet with me away from their offices, so no one knows they are working with a coach." 

I also provided 7 reasons why you should follow the example of Olympic athletes and work with a coach to optimize your presentation skills and executive presence.

You can read my post here: Simone Biles Has a Coach - Why Don't You?

You can read Seth's post here: A Coaching Paradox

A photo I took in Rio, after walking up
more than 200 steps to the base of the 125-foot
Cristo Redentor atop Corcovado mountain