by Gilda Bonanno LLC www.gildabonanno.com
If you want to become a better presenter, take 5 minutes after each presentation to reflect on the following 7 questions:
1) On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your presentation overall? (1 is terrible, 10 is awesome)
2) On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your nerves? (1 is very relaxed; 10 is near heart attack)
3) What worked?
4) What didn’t work as well as you’d like?
5) Any feedback from others or audio/video you can review?
6) Anything new in this presentation? (Venue, topic, audience, use of technology, etc.)
7) What would you like to do differently the next time?
Keep track of your reflections on paper or electronically and over time you should see patterns emerge. You should also see improvement in your skills.
Even after more than ten years as a professional speaker, I still reflect on every presentation to ensure I’m being the best I can be.
And if you’re not seeing any progress or you’re not making improvement fast enough, contact me for information about how my individual presentation skills coaching can take your skills to the next level.