Second-Act Careers: 50+ Ways to Profit From Your Passions in Semi-Retirement

I would like to share a great book with you: Second-Act Careers: 50+ Ways to Profit From Your Passions in Semi-Retirement (Ten Speed Press, 2013) by Nancy Collamer.    

Second-Act Careers by Nancy CollamerThe author, Nancy Collamer, is the career coach that I worked with when I quit my corporate job and started my own business several years ago. She is smart, supportive and committed to her clients - and I cannot envision having made my career journey without her.

Forbes.com called Second-Act Careers "A terrific resource to lead you right into a realm of possibilities for what you might like to do when you 'retire' but still want, or need, to work."

The first section of the book is a "smorgasbord" of  50 different job ideas where age, experience and maturity are assets.  These include virtual, work-from-home jobs and flexible jobs such as tour director, temporary innkeeper, interfaith minister and food blogger.

Nancy includes pragmatic advice and interviews with people who have developed successful second-act careers, including a former Microsoft executive who now teaches marketing to magicians and a retired cop turned comedian.  And I am honored that she included my advice about how to become a professional speaker.

The second section includes a variety of exercises to help you understand your skills, interests and goals and plan for your second act.

Nancy has been in business since 1996 and has a master's in career development. She speaks to audiences around the country about career reinvention and also writes a weekly column about careers and volunteering for NextAvenue.org (PBS) and Forbes.com.

Second-Act Careers has been mentioned in the Wall Street Journal, NPR, US News & World Report, USA Today and the NY Post.

I don't receive any compensation if you buy the book - I am recommending it because I think you will find it valuable.

You can order the book on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/lk9y7wq

To find out more about Nancy Collamer, check out her website: http://www.mylifestylecareer.com/

 
 
Gilda Bonanno's blog www.gildabonanno.blogspot.com